SOREM, a branch of Wintech Groupe, was the first company in the world to offer a solution of highly resistant monoblock aeronautical optical windows for the protection of on-board cameras on civilian and military aircraft (a camera window) .
Specialised in industrial optics since 1953, SOREM has relied on its huge expertise and experience to design these optical windows which overcome every weakness of multi-layer optical windows.
This innovative technological solution revolutionised the aeronautical manufacturers sector to the point of replacing the multi-layer protective optical windows which, until then, were the norm.
The advantages of SOREM monoblock aeronautical protective optical windows (camera window):
- Use of a crystal which is resistant to erosion, thus preventing the optical window from freezing.
- No camera image alteration.
- Defrosting system which no longer absorbs any visible radiation.
- Suitable for use with HD and 4K cameras.
- Very high resistance to mechanical shocks.
- Unmatched durability (the oldest optical windows have not been changed after more than 30 years of service).
Nowadays our monoblock aeronautic optical windows (a camera window) are installed on a large number of planes such as Airbus A340-600, A380, A320, A400M, A320neo planes and Boeing 777 and 787 planes.
We accompany you in your optical, optomechanical and camera window projects from design to manufacturing.