H.VIR® 85 type Exr® Infrared Window
The H.VIR® 85 type Exr® has been specially designed for use in explosive atmospheres in accordance to EU Directive 2014/34/EU. The H.VIR® 85 type Exr® is the only infrared window in the world to be ATEX certified.
Installed on electrical equipment such as transformers, the H.VIR® 85 type Exr® infrared optical window allows you to carry out preventive maintenance through a thermographic camera in electrical conditions of normal charge (low and high voltage).
The H.VIR® 85 type Exr® can be installed on new equipment. It can also be retrofitted to existing equipment. Once installed it will last the lifetime of the equipment. The H.VIR® 85 type Exr®, like other optical windows of the H.VIR® range, allows you to prevent any risks associated with electrical equipment without pre-inspection.
Category : H.VIR®
Areas for use:
- Gas = areas 1 and 2
- IM2 Mines
- For group I: I M2 Ex e I Mb
- For group II: II 2 G Ex e LLB Gb
Operation from 0.3 µm to 13 µm
- Sensitivity to UV: none
- Quality of optical window:
- Parallelism: < 3 µm
- Flatness: 5(2)
- Surface condition: P4 (S/D : 20/40)
- Operating temperature -40°C + 70°C
- Electrical insulation of the frame:
- Resistivity 4 x 10 15 ohms cm2/m at 20°C
- 8 x 10 15 ohms cm2/m at 100°C
Particularities of H.VIR® 85 type Exr® infrared window:
- To mount the H.VIR® 85 type Exr® on an electrical equipment, you should make sure that the enclosure is at least IP54 and that its protection materials are compatible with the industrial environment.
- Faced with the risk of impacts linked to explosive atmospheres, the H.VIR® 85 type Exr® is equipped with a honeycomb cover developed by Wintech Groupe. This cover protects the anti-reflective optical part by letting the infrared radiation pass through.
Installing a H.VIR® 85 type Exr® infrared window for thermal inspection on electrical equipment does not degrade or affect the equipment’s level of safety. The H.VIR® 85 type Exr® optical window like the whole H.VIR® range guarantees the protection of people and infrastructures. The H.VIR® 85 type Exr® IR optical window complies with current international standards and with the particular specifications of electrical material manufacturers.